2014-04-10

State of the allium - early April

Just a general status post

Sweet pea germinated - 9 April

Last year's doorway indian cress survived the mild winter. and of course, dandelion.

Apple blossoms! Jonagold.

Apple blossoms.

Our first amateur attempt at training an apple tree.
We should have done this when we planted the tree
last year, but late better than never, I suppose!

I called it Can Cargol, I could as well have called
it Can Dandelion. I do not hate them, I just
would like a few other things to grow here,
so some of them must go!
I'm sure they'll be back.

Red currants we planted last spring.

White currants we planted last spring. I thought they were
dead, but there are some slight signs of life.

Peony

Strawberries

Moss!

Fern waking up :))))

Hawthorn almost there!

These redcurrants are already blossoming!

More apple blossoms. They have a delicate perfume.

 I thought they were pink, but they are white when they open.

Boston ivy at the back.
Boston ivy at the front door.

My slow attempt at an herb garden, using recycled bricks.
The mess at the back is last year's tomatoes.
We have to tidy it up before the new ones arrive.

The rosemary is happy, and me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.