2015-03-15

Cleaning up a little


Redneck garden nearly ready for another growing season
Hibernating critters have probably already moved on so I started cleaning up the tomato corner. Pulled up the dried up tomato, pepper, pumpkin and the loads of nasturtiums.

I also trimmed the lavender, sage, thyme and the potted rosemary (just a tiny bit).

A whole big bucket of herb trimmings, not nice enough
for food, pity we don't have any barbecue planned.

I haven't removed the few weeds yet, but already tossed some dried cow&chicken manure.

We have three berry bushes to plant, but Pim was busy with other things and my sciatica hurts too much to handle a spade. And it's COLD today. That and the strawberries are then for next weekend.

And more movement:

Bulby things under a willow that I did not plant.
They were already here. I think they're bluebells. 

I think this is a hyacint

Red or white (I can't recall which of the two we planted
in the "dead zone" is definitely dead) currant
is waking up very nicely all over the branches

Rosa mulliganii fron David Austen

The ancient white currant I trimmed savagely last year is waking up

And. Pim installed an exterior tap for the hose! We're set for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.